Canara Bank PO Recruitment 2023: Notification, Exam Date, Admit Card & Syllabus
1. Canara Bank PO 2023 Notification
The Canara Bank Recruitment Board has yet to release the Canara Bank PO 2023 notification. The post vacancies are related to the Grade Scale-1 Probationary Officers. As soon as the notification is out, candidates can start submitting the online application form. The training course Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) is designed for one year. It could be either conducted through Manipal Global Education or Bengaluru or NITTE International Education Pvt Ltd.
To find more details about the Canara Bank PO notification and Courses given at training time do read the complete blog. Students aspiring to bank jobs should look into the notification. It is one of the high pay posts. Click on the link below to find the previous Canara Bank Notification.
2. About Canara Bank PO 2023 Exam
The Canara Bank PO 2023 exams notification is yet to be released, There could be 800+ vacancies for PO posts in the Canara Bank board. The recruitment board of Canara Bank conducts the exams in two stages,
Stage-1 Online Exam
and Stage-2 Interview
The Stage- 1 Online exam will purely be objective and it should be attended in allotted exam centres There will be a penalty for every wrong answer i.e. 1/4th of the mark is deducted and 1 mark for every correct answer.
Stage: I Online Exam:
|Topic||Number of Questions||Marks|
Stage 2: Interview
The interview is conducted for 50 marks. All the students who qualified in the Stage -1 Online exam will be considered for Stage 2. Selected students will be picked as per the merit list for the final stage of the selection process.
3. About IACE coaching for Canara Bank PO
IACE is one of the best Institutions for Railway, Banking, SSC, and other Central and state government exams. It is one of the finest coaching centres for the Canara Bank PO Banking Exam. Students in IACE are prepared to crack their dream government jobs. The education system in IACE is specially designed by experienced masterminds, also the backbone of the IACE institution. The faculties of IACE are well served in their specialised subjects, with most of them having 10 + years of experience in teaching. The unique teaching structure of IACE includes
- Specially designed Study materials that are customised as per the Canara Bank PO exam syllabus.
- Provided Booklets of Current Affairs and key highlighted notes with daily newspapers.
- Providing Mock Exams, revision Sessions, and Doubt clarification sessions
- Time allocated for One-on-one doubt clarifications
- Programs curated like PQRE(Pure maths quant English and reasoning), Target Mains & Target Prelims, Special Intensive Programs, W-CAT and much more.
4. Canara Bank PO 2023 Exam Highlights
Here are the highlights for the 2023 Canara Bank PO Exam
|Post Name||Probationary Officer (PO)|
|Exam Date||Yet To be Announced|
|Exam Mode||Stage 1: Online Mode|
Stage 2: Offline Mode
|Recruitment Process||Stage 1: Online Examination|
Stage 2: Group Discussion & Personal Interview
|Age Limit||20 years to 30 years|
|Salary||Range of INR 36,000 to INR 40,746, approximately|
5. Canara Bank PO 2023 Online Application & Fee
Before starting the Online Application Process for the Canara Bank PO Exam, students are advised to scan all the required documents. It is important to check all the eligibility criteria before starting the Canara Bank PO 2023 Application process.
5.1 Canara Bank PO Application Process
- Visit the Official Website
- Find the careers tab on the website. Click on the “Recruitment” option.
- Click on the option “ Apply Online “
- Enter all the required information, and click on submit.
- After successful registration, a Login- Id with a password will be sent to the registered Email
- Start Login with the given ID and password. Fill in all the required fields
- And upload all the required documents.
- Before submitting the application review all the details carefully and click on the submit button
- A payment gate will appear. Pay the exam Fees and click on submit an application.
- Download the application for future use.
5.2 Canara Bank PO Application Fee
|Category||Amount of Fees / Intimation Charges|
|SC/ST/PWD||118/- [Intimation Charges only includes GST @18%]|
|All Others||708/- [includes GST @18%]|
6. Canara Bank PO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
6.1 Educational Qualification
- A Graduate could be from any discipline. Must have a minimum of 60 % of marks or equivalent grade. The minimum required percentage for candidates from the SC/ST/PWBD category is 55% marks. Also, the pursued degree should be from a University /College/Institution recognized by the Indian Government.
- Should have Computer knowledge. And could work independently. If not, can acquire essential qualifications within 6 months from the Date of Joining.
- Shall have a working knowledge of Hindi.
The Age requirement for applying in the 2023 Canara Bank PO application form is as follows:
Minimum Age -20 Years
Maximum Age – 30 Years
Candidates applying for Canara Bank PO should be born before 01-10-1998 and not earlier than 02-10-1998.
6.3 Age Relaxation
|Sl. No.||Category||Age Relaxation|
|(i)||SC/ ST candidates||5 years|
|(ii)||O BC (Non-Creamy layer) candidates||3 years|
|(iii)||Persons Benchmark Disabilities||10 years|
|(iv)||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|(v)||People affected by the 1984 riots||5 years|
|(vi)||Ex-servicemen, Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs who have serviced at least 5 years of military & have been released on completion of an assignment or by way of dismissal or discharge or inefficiency or physical disability raised to military service or invalided||5 years|
7. Canara Bank PO 2023- Important Dates
All the important dates about Canara Bank Po 2023 will be updated here. Students are advised to follow the blog regularly for all the important reminders.
|Canara Bank PO 2023 Notification||Yet To be Announced|
|Registration Start||Yet To be Announced|
|Registration Ends||Yet To be Announced|
|Canara Bank PO 2023 Admit Card release||Yet To be Announced|
|Canara Bank PO 2023 Exam Date||Yet To be Announced|
|Canara Bank PO 2023 Result||Yet To be Announced|
|Canara Bank PO 2023 Score Card||Yet To be Announced|
8. Canara Bank PO Selection Procedure
The Canara Bank PO notification was previously released in 2018. The selection Procedure for Canara Bank PO 2023 is according to the previous year’s notification.
The 2023 Canara Bank PO notification has two stages. Students are required to qualify for all the stages to secure a job at Canara Bank.
Stage- 1 Online Test Results
Candidates are required to attend online examinations. There will be 4 sections with a total of 200 marks. The Subjects that are included in the Canara Bank Po Exam syllabus are Reasoning. Quantitative Aptitude, English language, and General Awareness. The exam is conducted for 2 hours and has a negative marking scheme. 1 mark is added for every correct answer and 1/4th mark is deducted for wrong answers.
Stage -2 Interview
The mark for Group discussion is 50 marks. The qualifying marks for Group discussion are different for categories for General it is 40%, whereas for SC/ST/ OBC/PWBD is 35%. The overall weightage for the selection process is 50:20:30 which falls as an Online test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
9. Canara Bank PO Probation Period
The candidates selected for the Canara Bank PO post should complete their course in Post Graduation Diploma in Banking and Finance course. At the joining the selected aspirants have to agree to a minimum of 5 years of work bond as Canara Bank Probationary Officers. If candidates fail to work with Canara Bank, he/ she will be liable to pay Rs. 100000.00 to the bank as compensation.
10. Canara Bank PO Syllabus 2023
Students looking for the 2023 Canara Bank PO Exam Syllabus can check the below table:
|1.||Logical Reasoning||1. Arrangements and Pattern|
3. Coding and Decoding
5. Data sufficiency
7. Decision-making and Verbal reasoning
8. Linear Seatings
9. Order and Ranking
11. Double Line Up
12. Blood Relations
13. Machine Input Output
14. Circular Seating Arrangements
17. Image/ Figure countings etc
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||1. Number Series|
2. Number System
6. Ratio and Proportion
7. Data Interpretation
9. Data sufficiency
10. Profit and Loss
11. Speed, Distance, and Time
15. Time and Work
16. Mixture Allegations etc
|3.||English Comprehension||1. Reading Comprehension|
2. Phrase replacement
3. Cloze test
4. Para Jumbles
5. Fill in the blanks
6. Error Spotting
7. Phase Idiom Meaning
8. One-word substitution etc
|4.||General Awareness||1. Science Inventions and Discoveries|
4. Indian Constitution
5. Scientific Research
6. Static General Knowledge
7. Financial and Banking Awareness
8. Current affairs
12. Countries, states, and capitals
13. Politics of India etc
11. Canara Bank PO Vacancy 2023: Category-Wise
The Canara Bank PO 2023 notification will be released soon. For your reference, Canara bank PO 2018 vacancies are given below.
|The number of Student Intake|
|SC||ST||OBC||General||Total||Out Of Which|
12. Canara Bank PO Cut-Off: Previous Year’s
Here are the cut-off marks for Canara Bank 2018 from the previous year’s notification. Students can check the below table. Cut-Off marks will help students in building the preparation plan and understand the marking scheme for the exam.
Categories Wise Canara Bank PO Cut-Off 2018:
|Category||Cut-off Score (200)|
Section-wise Canara Bank PO Cut-off 2018
|category||Reasoning (50)||English (50)||General Awareness (50)||Quantitative Aptitude (50)|
13. Canara Bank PO 2023 Salary Structure
After successful completion of the Course, the selected candidates will receive the below-mentioned salary. Do check the below table to complete the information
|Scale||Salary & Emoluments|
|JMGS-I||` 23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020|
14. Canara Bank PO Salary Allowances
Check out the Canara Bank PO employees allowance that is provided by Canara Bank Board:
Salary Allowance for PO Officer Canara Bank:
|Categories of Payment||State-level||District-level||Metro Cities|
|Basic Salary||INR. 23700||INR. 23700||INR. 23700|
|DDA||INR. 12206.69||INR. 12206.69||INR. 12206.69|
|HRA||INR. 1896||INR. 1659||INR. 2133|
|Special Allowance||INR. 1836.75||INR. 1836.75||INR. 1836.75|
|CCA||INR. 600||Nil||INR. 870|
|Total Salary||INR. 40,239.54||INR. 39,402.54||INR. 40,746.54|
15. Canara Bank PO 2023 Exam Centre
Bank will be holding an online test at the following Exam Centers. Students are advised to check their allotted exam centre the prior day only. This will make it easy to travel and avoid rushing before the exam.
|Sl. No.||State||Examination Centre|
|1||Andaman & Nicobar Island||Port Blair|
|35||Delhi NCR||Delhi & New Delhi|
|62||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|65||Jharkhand||Bokaro steel city|
|178||Noida / Greater Noida|
16. Canara Bank PO Preparation Tips 2023.
The Canara Bank PO 2023 exam is conducted by the recruitment board of Canara Bank. If prepared well, it is one of the easiest exams that can be cracked. Aspirants applying for Canara Bank PO must have a clear plan of action for cracking the Canara Bank PO Exams. To become a pro exam taker students are advised to follow the below preparation tips.
- Proper planning, Before starting the preparation it is important to have a strategy that covers the overall syllabus of the exam.
- Practice daily, it is important to revise regularly. Let that be formulas, solutions methods, and so on. This helps in building a strong foundation.
- Attend mock exams to understand model questions and understand the pattern
- Prepare a plan for how to study, and where to study. Analysis of the syllabus and preparation of a strategy.
- Stick to a healthy lifestyle and practice yoga. Get proper sleep.
17. Canara Bank PO 2023 Admit Card & Call Letter
The Admit Cards for Canara Bank PO 2023 will be released on the official website. A notification will be released by the recruitment board. There will be two different admit cards for two stages of exams in the Canara Bank PO exam. The admit cards will be released a week before the exam date. The downloaded admit cards will have all the information like exam date, exam venue & timings. Once the link is released, the same will be updated here in this blog.
Call letters will also be released by the officials to the registered email IDs. Students are required to stay updated with all the important information.
18. Canara Bank PO Prelims 2023 Result
The Canara Bank PO Prelims exam results ( stage – 1) will be announced by the Canara Bank recruitment board. The results will be out after a few days of the exam. Students who qualify for the Canara Bank PO Online Exam will only be qualified for the stage 2 interview round. As soon as the results are out the link will be updated here. Candidates are advised to check our blog regularly to have important updates.
19. Canara Bank PO Interview Results
The Canara Bank PO Interview Results will be announced by the Canara Bank recruitment board. The final list of Canara Bank PO will be announced based on the performance of the candidates in the interview. A notification will be released by the officials. The selected candidates will receive their allotment letters directly to their registered email address.
1. What is the selection process for the Canara Bank PO Post Exam?
Ans. There will be two stages in the Canara Bank PO Exam notification. Stage – I Online Exam and Stage- 2 Interview Process.
2. What is the minimum qualification required for Canara Bank PO recruitment?
Ans. Aspirants should be a graduate with a minimum aggregate percentage of 60% and for reverse category candidates, it is 55% of the minimum percentage.
3. What is the Salary for the Canara Bank PO post?
Ans. The salary ranges from Rs 39402 /- to Rs 40746 /- for Canara Bank PO.
4. What is the age limit for applying for Canara Bank PO 2023 posts?
Ans. Candidates applying for the Canara Bank PO 2023 Post must be aged between 20 to 30. In addition, there will be age relaxation as per the norms for all the reserved category candidates.
5. How many vacancies are expected to be filled in the 2023 Canara Bank PO posts?
Ans. 800 + vacancies are expected to be released in the 2023 Canara Bank PO notification.