LIC Assistant 2023 Notification, Exam Date, Selection Process
1. LIC Assistant 2023 Notification
The LIC Assistant exam 2023 is held by the Life Insurance Corporation of India to select candidates for Class 3 Assistant (Clerk) positions to carry out clerical staff functions such as cashier, single window operator, customer service executive, etc. The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) provides applicants with the chance to enter the insurance industry by passing one of the most prestigious insurance exams. In this section, we have discussed the LIC Assistant Exam Pattern, the Selection Procedure, and other information. Life Insurance Corporation of India still needs to release the LIC Assistant Notification 2023. This is the official notification of the LIC Assistant Recruitment.
2. About LIC Assistant 2023 Exam
The LIC Assistant 2023 Exam pattern has an Online Test Prelims and mains exam. The online test has these sections: Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness. Below is a list of the LIC Assistant 2023 2023 exam topics.
The LIC Assistant exam will be held in two phases: Prelims and Mains. The whole test format is discussed here.
LIC Assistant 2023 Prelims Exam
There will be three portions in the written test: reasoning, English/Hindi language, Reasoning, and quantitative aptitude. It will take an hour, or 60 minutes, to complete the written exam. Incorrect attempts at a question will result in a 0.25 mark deduction. Online objective tests will be used for preliminary examinations. The test will be divided into three segments, each with its timing constraints.
|SNo.||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||English Language / Hindi Language||30||30||20 minutes|
Note that the English/Hindi Language test will be of a qualifying nature, and marks in the Language component will not be counted for ranking.
LIC Assistant 2023 Main Exam
The main exam will consist of 200-point objective examinations. The objective test will be conducted online.
|SNo.||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||40||40||30 minutes|
|2.||General/Financial Awareness||40||40||30 minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||40 minutes|
|4.||English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|5.||Hindi Language||40||40||30 minutes|
Candidates must pass each test. Candidates must pass all of the objective tests.
- In the objective tests for the main exam, incorrect answers will result in a negative marking. Each wrong response will result in a 1/4th mark deducted.
- A candidate’s ultimate selection will be based on their performance in the Main Examination (Phase II), not their performance in the Preliminary Examination (Phase I).
3. About IACE coaching for LIC Assistant
For banking aspirants, IACE offers a high-quality, rigorous coaching experience. Our faculty includes former bankers for banking specialised courses and intensive programs aimed to maximise students’ preparation for the final exam.
- Online and offline classes are available depending on the course chosen by the students.
- Non-stop Daily great tests in the final exam pattern from the beginning to the end of the coaching time to acclimatise pupils to the final exam
- Over ten years of research and development, the ultimate study material for perfect coaching has been created.
- Mock test series, pre-exam preparation assessments, and intense courses in the final two months before the exam to prepare pupils.
- Digital classes featuring cutting-edge technology for student sophistication, as well as an online computer lab
4. LIC Assistant 2023 Exam Highlights
LIC Assistant 2023 main highlights are tabulated below for the student’s convenience. Please understand that important notifications are confirmed from LIC official website and any changes may occur.
|LIC Assistant Notification: Overview|
|Organisation||Life Insurance Corporation of India|
|Exam Name||LIC Assistant Exam 2023|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains|
|Job Location||All across India|
5. LIC Assistant 2023 Online Application & Fee
5.1 Online application
Candidates for the LIC Assistant Recruitment 2023 exam must submit an online application by adhering to the guidelines provided below. To avoid experiencing any difficulties while completing online payments, one should ensure that their internet connection is strong.
- Start by visiting the LIC website.
- Select ‘Careers’ from the menu on the official website.
- Find the link to registration under “Recruitment for the Post of Assistant.”
- Complete the information requested in each of the designated columns, including the contact information, educational background, address, etc.
- Pay the application fee and then scan and upload the complete necessary documents.
- After that, candidates can send the form.
- Make the necessary payment and then store the application information for later.
5.2 Application fee
The LIC Assistant Recruitment Application Fees are listed below.
|LIC Assistant 2023: Application Fees|
|General/OBC||Rs. 510 + GST Charge|
|SC/ST and PWD||Rs. 85 + GST Charge|
6. LIC Assistant 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check their eligibility before applying for LIC Assistant 2023. The eligibility criteria for LIC Assistant depend on the candidates’ Educational qualification, experience, and age limit.
6.1 Educational qualification
Every applicant must meet the qualifying requirements for LIC 2023. According to the LIC assistant eligibility requirements, the applicant must meet the following educational prerequisites for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (10+2+3) from a university that obtained recognition.
- Additionally, the applicant must have strong computer skills
6.2 Age limit
The age limit for applying for LIC Assistant 2023 is the candidate’s age must be between 18 and 30 years old.
|LIC Assistant Age Relaxation|
|PWD (Gen)||10 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|EX-SERVICEMEN||maximum age limit of 45 -48 years. (In the case of Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST/OBC)|
|LIC Employees||Further Relaxation of 5 years|
7. LIC Assistant 2023- Important Dates
The LIC publishes the official notification pdf along with the LIC Assistant exam date. Following the publication of the official announcement, the key dates for the LIC Assistant Exam will be posted here.
|LIC Assistant Recruitment 2023 Events||Tentative Dates|
|LIC Assistant notification 2023 expected date||–|
|LIC Assistant Apply Online 2023 Start Date||To be announced soon|
|LIC Assistant Apply Online 2023 Last Date||To be announced soon|
|The download of Preliminary Examination Call Letters||To be announced soon|
|Phase-I: Online Preliminary Examination||To be announced soon|
|Declaration of Result of Preliminary Examination||To be announced soon|
|The download of the Main Examination Call letter||To be announced soon|
|Phase-II: Online Main Examination||To be announced soon|
|Declaration of Result of Main Examination||To be announced soon|
|Phase-III: Language Proficiency Test||To be announced soon|
|Declaration of Final Result||To be announced soon|
8. LIC Assistant Selection Procedure
Aspirants preparing for the LIC Assistant 2023 exam should first register on the official website. During registration on the website, applicants are asked for personal details. The selection procedure for LIC Assistant 2023 will be held in two stages: prelims and mains, with the entire exam pattern mentioned below-
LIC Assistant 2023 Prelims Exam
The Written Exam will include Reasoning, English Language / Hindi Language, and Quantitative Aptitude. Each incorrect answer is worth 0.25 points.
LIC Assistant 2023 Main Exam
The main exam will consist of 200 marks objective examinations. The objective test will be taken online. There will be negative marks for incorrect answers in the objective exams for the main examination. each incorrect answer will be deducted 1/4th of the total marks.
9. LIC Assistant Syllabus 2023
The Syllabus for LIC Assistant 2023 is given below
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||General/Financial Awareness||English Language|
Alpha Numeric Sequence,
Odd One Out etc
|Profit and Loss,|
Mixture and Allegations
Speed, Distance and Time,
Simple Interest and Compound Interest,
Time and Work. etc
|National and International Matters,|
Currency and Capital,
Recent credit and monetary policies,
Overview of the Indian Financial System
General History, Geography,
Biology, and Applied Science
Awards and Honors. etc
Cloze Test. etc
LIC Assistant Syllabus for Hindi Language
Candidates from the North Central region would be required to respond to questions in Hindi.
- Grammar-based questions in Hindi
- Sentence Revision
- Detection of Errors
- Cloze Exam
- Comprehension in Reading
- Substituting one word for another Idioms and Expressions
10. LIC Assistant Vacancy 2023: Category-Wise
The LIC has not yet made public the vacancy for an assistant (clerk) in 2023. Around 7975 positions for the position of Assistant (Clerk) were open last year. Let’s have a peek at the zone-by-zone LIC Assistant vacancy from 2019.
|Division||State||Number of Vacancies Category wise|
|Bifurcation of vacancies|
11. LIC Assistant Cut-Off: Previous Year’s Cut-off Marks
Once the test for the position has been held, the LIC Assistant Cut-Off will be announced. However, LIC specifies minimal passing marks for its preliminary exam, which are listed below:
|Section||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|English/Hindi Language (Qualifying)||30||12||11|
12. LIC Assistant 2023 Salary Structure
The Life Insurance Corporation of India pays its employees substantial salaries for positions categorized as Assistants within the company. One should stay informed on the pay scale, work description, and professional advancement of a LIC Assistant Employee as an aspiring student. According to the 2019 LIC Assistant Notification, the basic pay was originally set at Rs.14435 but has since been raised to Rs. 27, 840. Candidates receive a variety of benefits in addition to base pay, including DA, HRA, medical allowance, etc. The complete salary structure of a LIC Assistant is given below.
|LIC Assistant Salary Structure|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 27,840|
|DA (Arrears)||Rs. 176.27|
|Transport Allowance||Rs. 680|
|Temp Cash Allowance||Rs. 800|
|Cadre Spl. Allowance||Rs. 2000|
|Tech Exam Allowance||Rs. 555|
|Tech Exam Allowance (Arrears)||Rs. 555|
|Gross Salary||Rs. 45,147.06|
|Net Salary||Rs. 38416.00|
13. LIC Assistant Salary Deduction
The following are some deductions from the LIC Assistant’s Salary in more detail:
|LIC Assistant Salary 2023: Deductions|
|Name of the Deductions||Amount|
|NPS-DCP Optees||Rs. 3825|
|New GI Scheme||Rs. 97|
|GTIS’ 97 Rish Pr||Rs. 196|
|Opynl Mediclaim||Rs. 613.92|
|GID Premium||Rs. 1840|
|SR A/C Credit||Rs. 0.22|
|Total Deductions||Rs. 6731.06|
14. LIC Assistant 2023 Exam Centre
There are numerous sites across the nation where the LIC Assistant Exam will be held. The candidates had the choice of going to their preferred exam location.
|States/ UT||LIC Assistant Exam Centres|
|Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Nellore, Rajahmundry, Vijayawada, Guntur, Kadapa, Kurnool, Visakhapatnam|
|Assam||Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar Dibrugarh, Tezpur|
|Bihar||Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Bhagalpur, Patna|
|Chattisgarh||Bhilai Nagar, Raipur|
|Delhi||Ghaziabad, Noida & Greater Noida, Delhi & New Delhi, Faridabad, Gurugram|
|Gujarat||Rajkot, Surat, Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Faridabad, Gurugram|
|Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur, Kangra, Shimla|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Bokaro Steel City, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Bengaluru, Belgaum, Gulbarga, Udupi|
|Kerala||Kottayam, Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram, Kannur, Kochi, Thirichu.|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Ajmer, Bikaner, Udaipur|
|Maharashtra||Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Amravati, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Pune.|
|Madhya Pradesh||Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Bhopal, Saga|
|Odisha||Cuttack, Rourkela, Bhubaneswar, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Jalandhar, Amritsar, Mohali|
|Tamil Nadu||Thanjavur, Tiruchirappalli, Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem, Tirunelveli|
|Uttar Pradesh||Allahabad, Aligarh, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida/Greater Noida, Varanasi|
15. LIC Assistant Preparation Tips 2023
Here are some important tips for cracking LIC Assistant 2023.
- When revising, prioritise the important topics.
- Make notes and pointers for yourself to help you with your revision.
- Make sure to separate portions into strong, weak, and weakest areas by syllabus analysis.
- Try to achieve 90% accuracy in your stronger areas before identifying your weak regions.
- The number of questions answered properly is referred to as accuracy.
- Attempt simple and less time-consuming questions initially.
- Manage Your Time, In every exam, time management is critical. Proper time management will allow you to answer all of the questions at once.
- Divide your time wisely to prepare for all of the subjects that build confidence.
- Learn where you make mistakes and how to prevent making them again.
- Analyse and repair your mistakes thoroughly by taking mock tests.
16. LIC Assistant 2023 Admit Card & Call Letter
Upon completion of the application procedure, the admission card for the LIC Assistant position will be made available. Candidates who pass the LIC Assistant Preliminary Exam will receive their admit card for the LIC Assistant Mains Exam.
17. LIC Assistant Prelims 2023 Result
The LIC Assistant exam results will be made public after the exam. The results of the Phase I exam will be released first, followed by those of the Phase II exam. The candidates’ substantial exam scores will be used to create the merit list, which will be presented in order.
18. LIC Assistant Mains 2023 Result
Each exam phase will be followed by announcing the LIC Assistant exam results. The results of Phase I exam results will be released first, and then Phase II exam results will be released later. The candidate’s main exam scores will be used to determine the order in which the merit list is generated.
1. Has the 2023 LIC Assistant notification been released?
Ans. According to sources in the media, the LIC Assistant Notification for the year 2023 will be published this month 2023. The candidates must begin preparing.
2. What is the LIC assistant's salary?
Ans. The Net salary of a LIC assistant is Rs. 38416.00.
3. Is LIC a government job?
Ans. The probation period of applicants in the government sector is the amount of time an applicant must give to become a permanent employee in the agency. Following the probation term, LIC Assistant applicants will be entitled to all of the privileges and advantages of a regular employee.
4. Is there any interview for a LIC assistant?
Ans. No, there is no interview for a LIC assistant.
5. What is the difficulty level of the LIC Assistant Exam?
Ans. Both the IBPS Clerk and LIC Assistant preliminaries and mains would have the same difficulty level. The complexity of the questions would be modest because both tests are clerical-level exams.